You may either toggle to the project desired first, or go directly to Animals - Add New Animal. If you select your project first, the project name will already be completed for you.
1. If you want mLIMS to generate animal names, make sure your project is set up to name animals automatically.
2. When you add an animal using projects, the project name must be included. mLIMS will name the next animal for you automatically.
3. You can choose from active cages, or set up a new cage. The active cages dropdown will only display cages in the current project.
4. If you choose to set up a new cage, mLIMS will automatically name it for you. Your preset cage map locations will appear, add the column and row. the protocol will also add automatically according to your Project Protocol.
5. When adding genes and genotypes, your Preferred Genes will appear first.